|Frozen gammon ham||2kg/4lb 8oz|
|Star anise||2 celery|
|Coriander seeds||1 tsp|
- Leave the frozen gammon ham in the fridge for 1½ days to thaw naturally.
- In a pot of water, simmer bay leaves, star anise, coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, rosemary, thyme, cloves, garlic and salt for 45 minutes over a medium-low heat.
- Bring the water to the boil, submerge the gammon ham and cover with lid. Turn the heat off.
- Leave the gammon ham in the hot water for 15 minutes. Turn the gammon ham, bring the water to the boil again, and then turn the heat off again.
- Leave the gammon ham in the hot water for another 15 minutes. Repeat step 4 twice more.
- Take out the gammon ham and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Before serving, heat oil in a pan over a high heat. Sear each side of the gammon ham until golden.
- Return the gammon ham to the pot of stock, bring to the boil and serve.
- In a saucepan, melt the honey and sugar, and drizzle them over the ham. Serve with wholegrain mustard if preferred.