City Super (BVI) Limited ("CSG", "we", "our" or "us") is committed to safeguarding the privacy of customers in accordance with the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486) (the "Ordinance") under the laws of Hong Kong. From time to time, it is necessary for you to supply CSG with personal information and particulars to enable us to carry out the activities described in Paragraph 3 below. We may be unable to carry out such activities if you do not provide us with your Personal Data. We may also generate and compile information about you. Personal information provided by you and all information generated and compiled by us from time to time is collectively referred to as "Personal Data".
We endeavour to preserve, protect and keep confidential all Personal Data stored, and/or collected, and/or transferred from you. Please read the following the Statement to learn more about our Personal Data handling practices:
- What this Statement Covers
- This Statement covers the Personal Data that we collect and handle when you become our member, when you subscribe with us or when you request for our services, via online or/and in our physical stores or premises outside. This may occur on our website or via other means. It also covers Personal Data that we may generate and compile about you. Where our operations are subject to privacy legislation other than that of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”), then this Statement shall be applied so far as practicable and consistent with such local legislation.
- Collection of Personal Data
- You may be requested to provide your Personal Data when you use our products and services or when you visit our websites/social media or contact us by telephone/email/fax and at our physical stores, such as but not limited to:
- when you apply for or use our super e card;
- when you register an online account;
- when you download and use our mobile applications;
- when you do in-store or online shopping;
- when you conduct gift redemption or shopping voucher request;
- when you participate in our promotions and events;
- when you use social media to post information and sharing of activities;
- when you participate in our surveys or questionnaires;
- when you use the wifi service at our stores;
- when you (un)subscribe to our marketing communications;
- when you submit any comments or feedback to us and/or
- when you are required to verify your identity with us.
- The Personal Data that you may be requested to provide us includes, but are not limited to, your title, name, gender, phone number, email address, mailing address, birthday information, nationality, personal interests, favourite product categories and other personal data.
- It is mandatory for you to provide certain categories of Personal Data (as specified at the time of collection). Refusal to provide any Personal Data marked as mandatory may render us unable to handle any membership application or request you are making, and we reserve the right not to provide our products or services, including refusing your membership application.
- All Personal Data will be collected on a voluntary, open and fair basis.
- Any information that we collect will be used for internal use only, and will not be disclosed to third parties.
- If you use credit cards and city'super Private Label Card / CODE Card for payment, all requested data will be securely encrypted and transmitted directly to the credit-processing bank for payment authorization. We assure that we will not extract any significant credit card information.
- Usage of Personal Data
- CSG may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- for handling your membership application, maintaining and managing your membership account;
- for the provision of sales, or rewards, birthday promotion, reward eCoupon and services under any programs or events by CSG / its service providers (who are engaged by us to assist with providing you our services);
- or carrying out your instructions, responding to your enquiry or providing customer service to you;
- for performing investigation, research or statistical analysis in order to improve our products and services and for marketing purpose;
- with your consent, for direct marketing purposes, and for notifying you about new product, special offers and other special promotions;
- for forming part of a customer data base necessary for CSG to communicate with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means, including contacting you regarding your enquiries;
- for use of the online services available on our website such as online shopping and participate in events and promotions;
- for matching your personal data with information you provided to us via other means; and/or
- for observing any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements of Hong Kong or other relevant jurisdiction including any disclosure or notification requirements to which CSG or other class of data recipient are subject.
- CSG will take all practicable steps to ensure that the Personal Data so collected are accurate. However, your efforts to provide accurate Personal Data upon subscription of CSG services and thereafter to update CSG of any changes of your Personal Data are always welcome.
- Personal Data Sharing and Disclosure
- To facilitate the purposes set out in paragraph 3 above, we may disclose and transfer Personal Data with the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- subsidiaries and affiliate companies of CSG (collectively the "City Super Group");
- third party services providers engaged by us to assist with providing you with our services, including data entry, customer database management, customer contact services regarding products and services (and services providers may contact you regarding promotions, events and activities, products rewards, shopping vouchers and reward redemption, sales, ordering, refund, replacement and/or delivery), and securely disposing of your Personal Data ("Third Party Service Providers"). These Third Party Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified in Paragraph 3 above, and not for their own purposes (including direct marketing);
- other business partners such as website, mobile app and loyalty programme operators;
- credit reference agencies, credit, debit and/or charge card companies and/or banks;
- law enforcement agencies, government and regulatory and other organisations;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to us (including our professional advisers);
- any actual or proposed assignee of all or any part of the business and/or asset of CSG.
- We may also share aggregated data, provided your identity will not be disclosed by such sharing, with third parties for various purposes (including marketing and advertising), and may use this data in order to better understand your needs and to improve and adapt our products and services.
- Access and Correction
- You have the right to know:
- the Statement of CSG;
- whether CSG holds any of your Personal Data; and
- the kind of Personal Data being held by CSG.
- You have full control and ability to correct or edit your Personal Data at any time, including whether you want us to contact you for direct marketing purpose, for updating you on new products and services or membership benefits, or for terminating your member’s online account. Once a membership account is terminated, it cannot be retrieved under any circumstances, including all membership and personal information.
- If you have any questions regarding this Statement or if you wish to access or correct your Personal Data, you can email us via firstname.lastname@example.org, fax us via (852) 2956 0336, or call our customer service hotline at (852)2736 3866 during office hours 10am–7pm Monday to Sunday. CSG will, upon satisfying itself of the authenticity and validity of the access or correction request, make every endeavour to comply with and respond to the request within the period set by the statutory requirement.
- In accordance with the Ordinance, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access or correction request.
- Confidentiality & Security
- When you provide your personal information to us, only authorized CSG staff and Third Party Service Providers appointed by CSG, have access right to retrieve these information for carrying out their job duties and they must comply with a set of strict guidelines on how to use these Personal Data.
- We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt your personal information before it is transmitted to us. In a bid to protect customers' data, all credit card authentication and payment authorization are handled directly by relevant banks. CSG will have no record of such data. Always remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window upon the end of each transaction. Our forced logout mechanism, where applicable, will ensure no one can access your personal information and correspondence. If you use credit cards and city’super Private Label Card / CODE Card for payment, all requested data will be securely encrypted and transmitted directly to the credit-processing bank for payment authorization.
- Since no system is impenetrable and no information provided over the Internet is completely secure, therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or receive from us over the Internet.
- Retention of Personal Data
- Subject to, or where otherwise required by law or permitted by law to protect our interests, we will:
- only retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the original purpose for which it was collected;
- erase any of your Personal Data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, if you choose to delete your account with us; and
- procure that data held by a third party if you chose to delete your account with us or terminate use of social media features.
- Amendment to this Statement
- We may amend this Statement from time to time. If we make any substantial amendments in the way we use your Personal Data, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on the website. You agree that such posting will constitute sufficient and adequate notice.
- You agree that your continued use of our products or services after such amendment will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified Statement.
- Direct Marketing
- CSG may use your name and contact information from time to time to provide you with the latest information on our products and services / membership program in the following categories: food & beverages, kitchenware & homeware, beauty & cosmetics, health & wellness, clothing & accessories, jewellery, luggage & bags, electronics & electrical appliances, gadgets, stationery, sports, music, film and other entertainment. We may also share your Personal Data with other companies within the City Super Group, and/or business partners who provide the same products and services for their direct marketing purposes in various forms. Your consent is required before we do so.
- You may partially or entirely opt-out of receiving such direct marketing communications from CSG by:
- logging into our website or mobile application;
- email us via email@example.com;
- fax us at (852) 2956 0336;
- call our Customer Service Hotline at (852) 2736 3866 during office hours 10am–7pm Monday to Sunday;
- in the case of emails, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such emails.
- In accordance with the statutory requirements, CSG will honour your request not to use your Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing.
- We do not use our website to knowingly solicit any personal data or other information from any person under the age of 18. If you are under 18, by visiting our website you agree that you have informed your parents and/or guardians about the Statement prior use and they have approved usage by you on the terms of the Statement.
- Contact us
- If you have any questions regarding this Statement, please contact us at:
Customer Services Manager
City Super Limited
8/F, Wharf T&T Centre, Harbour City,
7 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui,
Tel: (852) 2736 3866
Fax: (852) 2956 0336
- By signing the membership form, you agree to comply with all terms and conditions set out in the above Statement.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.